You need to assess:
- The purpose of the fence (privacy, pet or pool enclosure, property, etc.).
- Where exactly the fence will be located.
- What type of fence you want (materials, height, style, features and accessories).
- When you plan to have the work completed. (For example, are there landscaping, remodeling, or surveying issues which need to be completed before the fence installation)?
- When a fence is well planned, properly designed, carefully crafted, and expertly installed, it leaves the impression that it belongs. A good fence will last a long time, and you need to make a decision that you will be able to live with.